Most people are interchangeably using trekking and hiking. But in reality, these two terms are completely different. First, we have to define each to understand them clearly.
Hiking is when you walk in long distances, particularly in the woods or across the country. Hiking means you are engaging yourself in leisure-like activity on roads and/or trails that are premade.
As for trekking definition, it is more of a long-term and more demanding journey, usually by foot. This activity is more suitable to those who seek a more rigorous and physically intensive outdoor experience. It’s for the reason that trekking is going to really test your sanity and ability to the limits.
Simply speaking, hiking is just walking in long distance and trekking is multiday activity. Hiking can be plan even at the day of planned hike while it takes months or even years to go on trekking.
Hiking & Trekking: An In-Depth Look
We already knew the basics of the said activities. But if we’re going to look at it technically, hiking is a recreational activity that can be planned in short period of time. The range of hike could be anywhere from .01 miles to whatever it is you’re comfortable with. There’s nothing to be worried about if this is your first time to hike. The trails are all safe and even equipped with advanced surveillance systems to ensure the safety of every hiker.
Just as how you search the market for the best home security systems, it’s the same with hiking trails. So don’t worry. As a matter of fact, there are many benefits of engaging in this activity like the ones discussed below:
- Lowering the risks of stroke and heart attack
- Lowering high blood pressure
- Lowering risks of type-2 diabetes
- Lowers the risks of having cancer
- Improves cardiovascular fitness
- Slows down the process of losing bone density
- Increasing muscle
- Strengthening your core that can improve posture and balance
- Helps in controlling and burning weight
As for trekking, there are of course many good reasons to undergo in such despite the fact that it puts more physical stress on the body. The experience you can get from trekking is something that can’t be acquired easily from doing other activities like disconnecting yourself from day to day stress of life, seeing nature’s bare beauty and above everything else, the memories you can get from your journey.
When going for an outdoor adventure, it is essential that you are outfitted with the right gears and equipment. Among which is to have the right pair of boots. Not to mention, you must have to layer yourself up for whatever the wilderness will throw upon you. Just like when Diablo 2 items for sale comes around, you should be ready with what items you will be buying for your character to make it more powerful.
Say that your next holiday trip is bound to be in the wild, then you’ve got to prepare yourself. While it is quite tempting to bring as little as possible, it does not indicate that you should stroll in the mountains wearing just a pair of high quality shoes and umbrella. According to experts, here is a checklist that must be cleared out.
Checklist 1: Layer Up
You should always expect the most extreme temperatures when you are out and about. Because when you are in the wild, it is all about proper layering. You’ll find yourself removing and adding layers fair amount throughout the day.
Thus, it is recommended to pack wide range of clothing from long- and short-sleeved tees, jumpers, trousers and so on. Having windproof/rainproof jacket that has a wood is also a smart pick.
Checklist 2: Protect Your Feet
If you plan for a winter walk holiday, then you make sure that you have waterproof and durable boots. Boots are classified as 3 or 4 seasons which work well with leather or Gore-Tex for optimal protection towards wet conditions.
Checklist 3: Avoid Blisters
It is all in the socks and you should not skimp on these. High quality wool socks can keep your feet dry and cool and above everything else, prevent blisters. Therefore, it is recommended to pack multiple pairs of high quality socks with climate control and cushions.
Furthermore, it will be beneficial for you to take blister plasters just in case that you are unlucky. Though be sure that your boots for hiking have been broken in just before you initiate to any type of adventure in the wild.
Sleeping under the night sky and stars and being closer to nature is easier said than done. Simply think of the planning that goes to choosing the right camping site and gears – this is enough to cause stress and confusion on your end. So before heading for your next outdoor adventure, it will be wise to have a refresher course of the basics of campsite like food preparation safety and fire building.
Here are the Do’s and Don’ts when preparing for your trip.
- Take time to read gear reviews – while cordless bug zappers, heated chairs as well as portable showers seem to be cool and hi-tech, always take into account of the trip that you are planning. For instance, would it be more about a multiday backcountry backpacking trip or perhaps, a family camping excursion in a developed campsite. Research about this to know which appropriate gadgets to bring.
- Leave a copy of your itinerary – people will only be able to help in case of emergency in the event that they at least have an idea of your whereabouts. While an outdoor camping trip is a thrilling and exciting activity, it will be wise to let others (friends, family) know where you are going. This way, if an unwanted incident happened, they know where to start finding you.
- Camping essentials – whenever you are going out for such trip, make sure that you have the essential items in your backpack. These include a compass, emergency equipment, map and first-aid kit. It might be tempting to leave these essentials behind especially if your backpack is crammed with other backpacking stuff.
Still, remember that only these items can save you even after dealing with minor trouble while on the trail. You will be thankful knowing that you have brought a roll of gauze or a bug spray if you ever got an injury or being eaten by bugs at night.
Engaging in outdoor activities is no doubt a great idea. But wouldn’t it be an extraordinary experience if you know what to do and what not to do on the trail? Fortunately, it is easy to get all these things from clickfunnels and Shopify.