In terms of supplements, proteins seem to remain to be on top of the list, whether it’s from whey or other sources. Amino acids make up proteins, and play varied vital roles for the human body to function and perform well and properly particularly when it comes to exercise and fitness. These amino acids make proteins an important nutrient to include in our diet.
Essential Amino Acids From EAA Supplements
There are 20 forms of amino acids, all of which have diverse functions. As proteins are made of amino acids, they too come in different kinds and have varied functions as well. While the body can produce amino acids, 9 out of the 20 amino acids cannot be generated by the human body, hence they are categorized as “essential.” This means one has to get them from other sources, such as eaa supplements.
In terms of fitness, the best eaa supplement provides the major components to enhance and grow muscle protein synthesis to work against or thwart the breakdown of muscles brought about by intense workout or exercise. Providing the muscles what they require to attain the muscle building state (anabolic state) also aids in speeding up the muscle recovery as well as better performance on the next exercise or workout. Below are other benefits of the best eaa supplement:
- They could help in bettering the quality of sleep which leads to improved mood
- EAA could improve the composition of the body as it burns fat rather than burning muscles
- Essential amino acids help in increasing mental focus and improve short-term memory as well as the processing abilities of the brain
- EAA supplements very much help in lessening muscle soreness and muscle damage after an intense or backbreaking workout
Essential Amino Acids From Food
While supplements are good sources of EAA, it is still best and very important to consume the right kinds of foods so as to reap the same benefits that EAA supplements offers. Every protein source, whether animal or plant based, contain the EAA that the body needs. However, the quantity of EAA in every food source will differ. Hence, it is imperative to include a variety of food rich in EAA.
- LEAN MEATS, such as poultry and turkey, are an excellent source of the 9 EAA and of course protein without worrying about too much fats.
- FISH, like salmon, is rich in EAA as well as Omega 3s which reduces the possibilities of stroke or heart attack
- DAIRY PRODUCTS, such as low-fat cheeses, cottage cheese, and yogurt, have the 9 EAA, proteins, vitamins B12, E, D, A, and calcium which is very much known to improve bone health
- EGGS are an essential in the diet of individuals who are particular about their fitness and muscle building as they contain an excellent amount of proteins as well as other vitamins and minerals
- BEANS AND LEGUMES are outstanding sources of plat-based protein but is best to combine with GRAINS like Quinoa
- SEEDS AND NUTS, such as pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, and cashew nuts, are the ideal snack to give you the EAA boost and helps control your appetite